Thursday, January 1, 2015

It is resolved

My original thought was to do a rather longwinded post about how we typically approach New Year resolutions. Blah blah blah pop philosophy yammer yammer yammer tedious faux wisdom et cetera blah blah blah…

Blah.

Let me make it short instead. Consider dialing back on the self-flagellating resolutions and add more resolutions on the self-indulgent side of the list. Have more fun, more adventures, more love. Worry less about the calories consumed and the shit that's still not together. Live as if your goal is to write a fabulous memoir rather than a strident self-help book. You'll feel less like a failure.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so with you on that idea...
    I just don't do resolutions. ..come Passover time I spend a week cleaning and purging out my thoughts that aren't serving me well. Well as best I canĂ 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been much of a resolution-maker. The idea of more fun and more adventures, though, is a good one. More of the good stuff! Yeah! Oh, and more love. That's a good one, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our forever resolution is ungrammatical ...every New Year's we just say 'We're doing the best that we can.'

    Oz

    ReplyDelete