Tuesday, July 2, 2019

And one step back

They had said the effects of radiation therapy would start to make themselves known after about two weeks. Sure enough.

During Friday’s session I noticed warmth for the first time. I asked if they had changed the dosage. They hadn’t. Later my mouth and throat felt scalded. It didn’t ease up Saturday. Eating solid foods was painful. Sunday was only slightly better. Monday about the same. This morning it feels like I have a splinter of glass where my uvula should be.

I’ve also noticed my teeth are loosening. My gums have shrunken. Will they eventually return to normal? Will I start losing teeth?

It’s disheartening. But I’ll push on.

4 comments:

  1. I think I would be more frightened if nothing was different. But it will be miserable before it gets better. I have never personally been through chemo but I have been around several folks that have and you are sounding usual from what I can recall. All of them had happy endings when it was all finished. Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My supervisor told of his grand nephew young boy who went through your similar situation; his choice total disfigurement or chemo etc. Chose the latter he chose correctly no trace of it.

    ReplyDelete