Friday, April 17, 2015

Streakers

I was out trying to take some more star photos when I became aware the folks in the next campsite were also out and about, with headband flashlights. I had just finished an exposure (the one on the left) when they started walking my direction, through the shot. The light from one of them lit up the tripod the other was carrying. Ah ha, they were off to do some photography themselves. So I took another 15-second shot (the one on the right).

I spoke to them this morning. The wife responded, "We heard you over there, but we didn't know exactly where you were or which way you were shooting."

I thought, "That's because I don't use a flashlight. I let my eyes adjust enough to see what I'm doing." Instead, I said, "Yeah if someone's out at 3:00 AM in a place like this, there's a good chance they're taking star photos."

Here's my favorite shot of the night. I had to wait for the planet to turn far enough for the Milky Way to clear the mountains.

6 comments:

  1. It rarely fails, U almost always find a party pooper to ruin U'r plans !! Did Chet get upset ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chet hitched to Vegas a couple of days ago. He needs his fix of gambling, showgirls and all-you-can-eat buffets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.....you're 3am photo. I'm looking forward to see what else you will come up with.
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Al,
    Wow, great pics. !! The light streak is cool, and the Milky Way shot is excellent.

    Trainman

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice!!..You caught some low flying UFO's....
    David

    ReplyDelete