Friday, September 21, 2018

Hi, mister ranger

A ranger drove by today. Drove by. Didn’t stop. I like when they don’t stop. It means I’m okay. I knew there was no problem, but I still get a twinge of nervousness around authority figures because some of them let their authority go to their heads.

I grew up with a favorable opinion of rangers because of a local (Washington DC) cartoon show, Ranger Hal. He was sort of Mr. Rodgers in the forest. (Meanwhile, over on another station, Jim Henson was starting his career with his own kid show, “Sam & Friends.”) As you can see, we were easily entertained back then.

1 comment:

  1. This should be required watching by all new rangers, so those of us who feel authority paranoia would know it's only Mr. Ranger passing by, on his way to visit cowboy Tex.

    ReplyDelete