Saturday, August 24, 2019

No news, good news

Nothing to blog about this past week. I’ve just been relaxing, recovering and watching a lot of model building videos. (It used to be my big hobby.) My weight has stabilized, I have more energy, and my throat hurts considerably less. I have an appointment for the 5th to have the trach tube removed. Then I’ll head out on the road until the first week of December when I return to LA for a PET scan.

Oh, about the weight thing. I lost about 40 pounds the past few months. I’m under 200 pounds for the first time since, oh, high school. I’ve had to do a little clothes shopping. Pants are down from a snug 38 to a roomy 34, almost 33. T-shirts are down from 2XL to L. We’ll have to see how long the smaller self lasts.

6 comments:

  1. Not a good weight loss plan but an effective one. I'm glad to hear there is less pain; I hope it goes to zero soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. Sounds like the road to recovery is smooth so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea for modern medicine. May all of us who get a diagnosis of the C end up faring as well as the two of us have. No cancer and still living the life we choose.

    Godspeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. My best childhood friend, Tim, got me addicted to car models. I branched out into WWII airplanes for a while but returned to my true love. In my late 20s, when I started to have actual money to spend, I moved up to 1:12 scale race car kits.

      Delete
  5. Add a program of walking every day and eating right. You'll keep it off. Kent went from 250 lbs more than 25 years ago and has stayed in the 190 - 205 range ever since. Over the years, he's been able to maintain by more or less sticking to the Zone Diet. For the last 10 years or so, he's exercised on a regular basis - walking, hiking and biking.

    ReplyDelete