Monday, February 17, 2020

Hide and seek

I always toss my wallet, key and pocket change on the counter after I’ve parked the Rolling Steel Tent at a camping spot. Almost always. Not yesterday.

I had changed out of jeans and into shorts when the day warmed up. I folded the jeans and put them back in the cupboard with the rest of yesterday’s laundry. So when the key wasn’t on the counter this morning I immediately thought, “Ah, it’s still in the jeans pocket.”

But it turned out yesterday’s jeans weren’t, as I presumed, on the top of the stack. Or the second pair down. Or the third. That’s when I remembered I had put away the laundry after changing into shorts. The correct jeans were next to the bottom.

“Normal” people often wonder how we nomads spend our time. Seems like a lot of mine goes toward trying to find things I’ve misplaced. And shuffling stacks of pants.

4 comments:

  1. In the smallest spaces, there is always space to loose things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are starting to show symptoms of older age as I know from past experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Brits use 'faffing' e.g. fooling, fu@king or futzing around finding stuff

    ReplyDelete