Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Straighten up

After I woke up this morning, got my eyes de-crusted and put on my eyeglasses, I noticed my surroundings were kind of messy. A hoodie tossed here. Yesterday's shirt tossed there. Dinner dishes abandoned on the counter, next to old mail and the camera. Computer cables and chargers tangled on the shelf. Things sticking out the top of the wastebasket. The rumpled quilt (tempting as it was to crawl back under and sleep another twelve hours) only added to the effect.

It can get cluttered very quickly when you live in only 60 square feet. Combined with the winter blahs, it can make me feel like a slobbish failure. Fortunately, it cleans up quickly and easily.

Clothing in the laundry bag.

Quilt in the stuff sack.

Cables and chargers put away.

Dishes washed and put away.

Trash taken to the dumpster.

Ah, there we go. Everything looking tidy and clean. Mom would be so proud.

Now I can be lazy.

5 comments:

  1. Grinning here!! We (2, one F one M) just took a trip in a van and boy is it hard to find stuff. Plus we carried too much stuff! Live and learn.

    But you got it cleaned up. Wow..we just came home and will do better next trip.

    Oz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With two people in a van, not only is it too easy to create clutter, but after a while you can become convinced the other person is clutter.

      Delete
  2. I love that I can clean my whole van in 15 minutes. That's one of the best perks of small space living.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one of the many things I treasure about my little home-on-wheels. Housekeeping is quick and relatively painless.

    ReplyDelete