Tuesday, November 10, 2015

A screwdriver might work as well

This is the key to the Rolling Steel Tent. The better one of the two I have. It's not the original Chevrolet key. I don't know if this is even the first replacement. But it has been working just fine for the two years I've had the van.

Lately, though, like in the past couple of weeks, I sometimes need to jiggle the key a little in order to start the van. Time for a new key, right? But how good of a copy can they make from one this badly worn? I guess I'll need to find out, because I don't want to be replacing all the locks.

It's always something.

3 comments:

  1. A Chev dealer will be able to determine the key's original type and,based on your VIN cut you a brand, spanking new one for about (at least last for my Metro) about $15.00. You may have to present your registration and/or title.

    ReplyDelete