Monday, February 3, 2014

Huh?

Many mornings there will be a brief groggy moment as I'm waking that I don't know where I am.

. . .

Oh yeah, in my bed, in my van, parked at such-and-such place.

It's pleasant rather than disorienting, because it means I'd been far removed from the concerns of waking life. The bed was totally comfortable, so it wasn't intruding on my thoughts. Living in the van has become natural, so it doesn't cause anxiety. My location is pleasant (or at least benign), so I can relax completely.

What's more, I rarely need to know what time it is when I wake up. I have no schedule. Neener neener neener.

4 comments:

  1. Another RVer told me to post my current location by my bed so if I wake up in the night to an emergency situation I can tell 911 where I am. Otherwise I might not be able to recall fast enough since I often have to uncover a window then look out it to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, I would need to get my eyeglasses on before I could read my location. Unless I wrote it VERY LARGE. Even then there's no guarantee my drowsy brain could process the meaning of the characters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a weather app on my phone to tell me the town just as much as the temp!

    ReplyDelete