Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Outside the wire

There's a limit to how long I can hang around an artist commune. Turns out it's about five days. Then the social structure, politics and individual personality quirks start to bug me.

This afternoon I packed up and made a supply run to Brawley. When I returned to the Slabs I moved to a different neighborhood. Far enough from the big RVs (which are fewer as the season is winding down), and hostile-looking compounds, and trashy spots, and yapping dogs.

I'll stay in Slab City a few more days and then decide whether I want to stay longer or move on.

1 comment:

  1. Five days is about the limit I can stay in any community. It is not at all unusual for me to move on after just two days. My Dave is the only person I've really been comfortable hanging with long term which is good since we've been married 47 years.

    ReplyDelete