Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Not far

A friend asked if I'd been wandering a lot or staying put. The answer is wandering a bit in a rather small area.

Since returning from the coast in November, I've stayed pretty much in an area between the Colorado River and highway 95. Parker Dam to the north, Yuma to the south, Quartzsite to the east and Blythe to the west. More or less.


I drifted east to Tonapah a couple of times, to Joshua Tree for a few days and made a run to Las Vegas just before New Year.

There are two reasons for the limited geography. Weather and free camping. Come spring, though, it will be time to roam northward again. Or maybe west. Or east. Or all of the above.

1 comment:

  1. Last winter I mostly wandered between Parker and Quartzsite with an occasional trip to Phoenix. Those places have everything I need to get me though winter including occasional meet ups with like minded people. Why would I go any further?

    ReplyDelete