Thursday, March 8, 2018

Florida comes slightly to its senses

With the switch to Daylight Saving Time (DST) looming, and with millions of people starting their twice-a-year whining about it, the Florida legislature has passed a bill to keep the state on DST year round. (Federal approval is still needed.) This is the opposite of Arizona and Hawaii, which cling to Standard Time. Florida’s choice makes slightly more sense since we’re already on DST the majority of the year anyway. It’s the way I would go if forced to choose between the AZ-HI model or the FL model. I’d rather have a little more daylight in the late afternoon/early evening. Of course, I have the luxury of pretty much ignoring the clock, so it’s rather academic to me. But it’s something to blog about.

1 comment:

  1. Daylight savings time is stupid. I wish we'd get rid of it altogether.

    ReplyDelete