Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Homeless for a day

The Rolling Steel Tent went into the shop this morning to have the motor mounts replaced and some minor servicing done. It will take most of the day.

Meanwhile, I’m hanging at the library, using their free wifi, staying out of the weather, doing some writing and thinking. I snagged a table and chair next to an outlet. I have a globe, a window and all the reading material I could ever want. Oh, and a restroom. I could use a cold beverage, though. All in all, a fine situation.

I had a small moment of anxiety earlier. And a wave of empathy. What if, like the truly homeless, I had no van, no friend to give me a lift, no money? Where would I go? What would I do? I’m very lucky.

1 comment:

  1. Around here a lot of them go to the place you are, the public library. That is because it has newspapers, a restroom, computers, water fountain. It is also quiet, safe and comfortable with tables and even lounge chairs and there is no charge for being there.

    ReplyDelete