Friday, November 8, 2019

Bacon, eggs, fluid and blood

I had breakfast this morning at Main Street Eatery (the cafe in front of the laundromat & showers) with former waitress and radio news personality/current nomad-author LaVonne Ellis. We discussed travel, preferred Quartzsite camping spots, wood stove ventilation, and writing.

Then I went back to Blythe to talk to highly recommended Villanueva’s Auto Repair Service about my leaking power steering fluid. It has gotten bad. I’ve had to refill the fluid reservoir twice in the past week. Juan showed me how, contrary to what I had thought, it wasn’t the hose that connects the power steering pump to the hydraulic brake booster (a system GM calls Hydraboost) that was leaking, it was the brake booster itself. He put together a reasonable price and I’ll return on Wednesday, after my Social Security check drops.

Afterward, I came upon nomad-geologist-genealogist-actor Swankie in the Albertson’s parking lot. We discussed my health, her surgeries and how to bang yourself up real good by leaning a ladder against the front of an Express van.

9 comments:

  1. Wow! How social of you. Q will do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swanky should wash her windshield with an extended squeegee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She cursed herself for not using the one she has.

      Delete
    2. I stand inside the door. I can reach the middle of the windshield.

      Delete
    3. She is recovering from shoulder surgery, so she can't reach as far.

      Delete
  3. Hanging with all the celebrities, how cool are you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Al, you might see my gray Chevy Express at Juan's place. Last tues, after an overnight at Ehrenberg en-route to Havasu, it's oil gauge only came up to a smidgen off the red mark. Was able to meet a tow truck at the blacktop where poor ol "George" rode off into the sunset.
    Thanks to Bob I knew to offload my stuff into a UHaul & boogie back "home" to a friend who shopped Craig's list for my next set of wheels for less than repairs on the Express would have been.
    BTW this is a friend I met through Bob's forum dating site back in '16.
    Thanks goes out to Bob for all I learned from him & for creating the forum.
    Isn't it funny how life goes sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe Juan can replace my brake booster with the one from George. But I guess the labor to extract the part from the old van would be more than a fresh part in the box.

      Delete