Friday, April 13, 2018

Life on the edge

It has been van-rocking windy the past few days. And driving a big loaf of bread in gusty wind is no fun. So I’ve been hunkered down at Lake Mead the past few days, feeling a little trapped. But the air was calmer this morning and I took it as my cue to head on down the road. (The drive up the west side of Lake Powell is very nice in morning light.)

The strong wind hadn’t gone away, though. It was just late getting out of bed. It was back on the job by the time I reached Poverty Flats (a.k.a. Snowbird Mesa) near Overton NV. I pulled off the highway and went looking for a campsite.

Did I want a spot with a grand view, on the edge of the mesa? Or did I want a spot with less wind, back from the edge of the mesa? I tried out a few locations. I chose more view over less wind because there wouldn’t be much relief farther from the edge.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's been very windy nationwide. Glad you found a great camping spot.

    ReplyDelete