Friday, May 26, 2017

Monster truck

As you may recall, I spent a chunk of last summer helping my friend, Forrest, build some cabins. You might also recall that Forrest is a mechanic. And more.

Well, shortly before I hit the road again, he bought an Isuzu NPR truck. Just the cab and chassis. Chevrolet V8 power. Big plans.

Over the past eight months he has been turning it into an adventure truck. The box behind the cab holds the stripped down Suzuki V-Strom shown next to it. There's a winch inside to haul the bike up a ramp. The frame for the living quarters is all two-inch steel tubing.



He fabricated a new front bumper. From scratch. Watch out, deer.

And he's converting it to four-wheel drive. He finally found the transfer case he needs and now it's a matter of getting the correct length drive shafts.

Obviously, there's a lot more to be done. I'll help if needed. Since I'm not a fabricator, welder or mechanic, my assistance might only be of the hold-this, fetch-that variety. But it'll be a fun summer. For me, anyway.

1 comment:

  1. I, for one, am excited to see the project chronicled on your blog.

    ReplyDelete