Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Woo, that's brisk

I had checked the forecasts, so I knew what to expect. And I knew the temperature decreases about five degrees for every thousand foot gain in elevation. And, you know, summer is winding down and all that. So I was prepared for a 30-something overnight temperature last night near Truckee.

It's just that it was more of a mental adjustment. Okay, this is where I am now, and this is what it's like here. Put the shorts away. Get the fleece handy.

The good thing, though, is that I don't need to struggle with sleeping in a too-warm van. Gotta keep the head warm, though.

So, here are some photos from around the campsite. What happens when the reservoir is very low for several years? The former lake bed starts to return to its pre-dam state.

Looks like some beavers have learned masonry

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful place !!
    Yes, we all need to keep our head warm & our toes warm as well.
    Glad U'r enjoying the life U chose to live, many of us just dream about it !

    ReplyDelete