Sunday, January 31, 2016

When?

After a week of very nice weather, things are going to get colder, windier and wetter at my current location near Yuma. And in Baja California.

I view my Baja trip as a vacation, and everyone crosses their fingers for perfect vacation weather. Unlike most people's vacation plans, though, I have no job to schedule around, no reservations already made, no tickets bought. I don't need to head to Baja this week. I can wait. Or I can go anyway. Crappy weather here or crappy weather there? Crappy weather in a way-to-familiar place, or crappy weather in a new place with a language barrier? Would the latter make for a better story? Would it make for a better self?

Well, I can't leave until my new vehicle registration arrives. Until then, I'll contemplate my options. And appreciate the fact I have options.

5 comments:

  1. SOOOO, the weather will be crappy, rainy & COLD, what ever happened to Mr Buddy, is it in storage ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Making hasty decisions then changing one's mind makes a better story, too.

      Delete
  2. The Rolling Steel Tent is getting a bath.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost stopped at a car wash today. But then I remembered the forecast.

      Delete