Thursday, April 6, 2017

Schoolie retirement home

I could tell you the history of Nelson, Nevada (mining boom-to-bust yadda yadda yadda) but I don't care how it got there. I care about what is there. At least in the old ghost town tourist part of the place. Modified school buses (schoolies), vintage step vans, panel trucks, travel trailers, and more. Have a look.

Formerly of New Jersey

This one has been double-deckereized

I see your double-decker and raise you one

Then there's this Mad Max creation. Tremble before me, lesser buses.

A less post-apocalyptic version

Hey kids, want some ice cream?

This one could be sweet and quite livable with a crapload of money put into it

Ditto

Extra long

If only the one had enough power to tow the other

Makes an Airstream look bland

And just because: artfully arranged parts from a plane used in the movie 

2 comments:

  1. Whoa...I've never heard of this place, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know about it until the day before I went there.

      Delete