Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Tiny house on the beach

I don't know why, but I like lifeguard stands. A lot. I mean, it's not like I was ever a Baywatch fan. (Although Yasmine Bleeth, hubba-hubba.) Maybe it's their resemblance to lunar landers. "Hi, we just arrived from space. How's the surf today?"

Anyway, this one is unusual, because I don't remember seeing any others in California that weren't white or swimming pool turquoise.

I should meet with the various beach authorities and convince them to rent out their lifeguard stands in the off seasons. Take applications for tenants, do background checks, collect character references, have prospective renters demonstrate their off-grid living skills... No power, no water, no problem. Hey, it's a source of income, right? Go for it.

4 comments:

  1. A plastic rotomold lifeguard stand. I have never seen one of those before. What a shame that they did not build it out of nicer materials instead of resorting to a mass produced petrochemical product. Basically it looks like a cross between a dumpster, garbage can and once of those sidewalk plastic newstands used to house real estate magazine advertisements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent idea! Reminds me of renting fire lookout towers, another grand idea:

    http://www.firelookout.org/lookout-rentals.html

    Ray

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Off seasons" in Cally?! Didn't know of such a thing,such a rube!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winter, when it's chilly and wet and only the surfers go to the beach.

      Delete