Tuesday, May 28, 2019

So, an update

Nothing, really. Just a few days of kicking back in a budget hotel room, tending to the tracheostomy, consuming soup and smoothies, using the wifi.

There was a night I couldn’t get to sleep because I couldn’t find the happy combination of comfort and being able to breathe. Around 4 AM, fatigue eventually made me give up on the comfort part of the problem.

LaVonne and The Other Lou arrive in the morning to haul me to Los Angeles where my former wife, Ceebs, will be watching over me at least as well as she does her chickens and bees. That means I’m in excellent hands.

I have an appointment on the 3rd with the head of my oncology team. And then things get serious.

3 comments:

  1. Adjustable beds make a difference in comfort. Not something one finds in budget motels though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a recliner, but it didn't do the trick for me. Besides, I'd just spent a week with an adjustable hospital bed and, eh, I could never find the magic position. I think I just want to be in my van bed again. I always sleep great there.

      Delete
  2. Ambien or Lunesta...out like a light.

    ReplyDelete