Monday, May 20, 2019

What if the worst thing happens and you need a ride?

Okay, so here’s the thing. I need to get my van and myself from Tucson to Los Angeles next Monday, the 27th. That’s where I’ll be staying during radiation and chemotherapy.

Everyone says I shouldn’t drive myself, though I tend to disagree. To satisfy cautious folks I’m looking for two people, one to drive the Rolling Steel Tent and the other to drive me. About 500 miles and 8 hours, all down I-10.

In case you’re wondering, the Rolling Steel Tent has only a driver seat and bed, so the trip can’t really be made with just a driver and I in the van. At least not legally. And I freak out if I can’t see the road. And the RST driver would need a way back to Tucson.

I would pay for gas and, if needed, lodging.

If this is the type of insane-but-humanitarian road trip you’d like to make, email me at rollingsteeltent@gmail.com or text me at 980-939-2037.

I am unable to speak at this time because of a tube in my throat. That means I wouldn’t be a chatty road companion, which is either good or bad, depending on the type pf person your are. And I’ll probably be coughing a lot of mucus. Squeamish people beware.

UPDATE: A couple of people in the nomad community stepped up and worked out a plan. I have my drivers. Another problem dealt with.

3 comments:

  1. Last Saturday I drove my boy's rented 15 foot U-haul 9 hours back home so he could begin his journey on the next chapter in his life. I bring this up because People will answer your call for assistance in the next chapter of RST.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your to late for my help Al, I'm back in L.A., for a week now. I was around Silver city then went to Nevada. Good luck with a ride Al.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that someone stepped up.
    I would help if there was an opportunity- you have helped me and so many others over the years.
    Hugs and love Al. From both me and Ozzie

    ReplyDelete