Thursday, February 11, 2021

Where oh where?

First order of business today was picking up eyeglasses in Los Algodones. 

Second order of business was……… Go back to my camp along Ogilby Road? Eh, I could, but there are other choices.

Go to Quartzsite and await the arrival of a package next week? Mmmmaybe. But that’s longer than I’d want to be there.

What about going east? Ajo? Buenos Aires NWR? Ironwood Forest? Yeah, but I’d need to come back to Quartzsite for that package.

Maybe Shea Road near Parker? Could be.

What about the BLM land south of Lake Havasu City? It’s a thought.

So I decided to head to Quartzsite and see how I felt once I got there.

I felt like continuing on.

At Parker I made a quick stop at Walmart, and continued on.

Man, there sure are a lot of people at The Steps.

So here I am, near Lake Havasu City, camped in a serviceable-but-not-fantastic spot, thinking about going to Oatman tomorrow. Or not. 

There’s something I could get at Lowe’s or Home Depot to make a small modification to the Rolling Steel Tent. Or I could do it after Oatman. Or not at all.

There are some things I should be writing instead of spending my time driving. My current location isn’t conducive to that. Where would be? Maybe I’ll know in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. That's a great thing about RVing--you always know you'll be sleeping in your bed but you don't always know where that bed will be parked.

    ReplyDelete