Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Before and after

As I looked in the mirror it occurred to me I no longer look anything like the bearded puffy-faced guy on my passport and driver license. Hmmm.

So I went online and found confirmation that, yes, people whose faces have changed dramatically (cosmetic surgery, deforming accidents, weight loss/gain, tattoo addition/removal, etc.) would need a new passport.

That puts a crimp in my plan to pick up medications in Mexico in a couple of weeks. New photo, paperwork, fees, waiting, yadda yadda yadda. And it means a DMV visit the next time I’m in Arizona. Whee!

4 comments:

  1. A friend I hadn't seen for awhile lost 70 pounds while we were apart. I didn't recognize her when we met again. I wonder how many of your friends wouldn't recognize you now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't pay $$$ for a passport photo. Do it with a selfie at home (Google free passport photo) and print it at Wally's for less than $1.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got my previous passport photo taken at FedEx Office. I think it was like three bucks. No big deal.

      Delete
  3. Wow! That's quite a change. I like the new look.

    ReplyDelete