Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Enough of a good thing

The Coast was wonderful. Ocean and redwood forests. A good urban boondocking spot, with free wifi. And fresh bagels nearby. But like they say, leave the party while it’s still going strong. And like they also say, push away from the table before you’re stuffed.

So I’m back inland, at the quarry between Medford and Klamath Falls. Then I’ll travel northeast through Oregon to Idaho, follow the Salmon River north to the panhandle, then east into Montana again. Or something like that.

6 comments:

  1. Keep an ear & eye open on IDOT....South of Riggins has had a bunch of angry rocks denting HWY 95.....
    Great Huckleberry Pie at Fidler's fruit stand north of Riggins on the right side..
    Sweet campground at Slate Creek rest area...Maybe 4 sites with water and a dump (you don't need)..The boat ramp is fun to watch as folks have spent days on the river...It's on the left heading north after the NFS headquarters, or some bunch of gov't buildings..
    Hve fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trail of the Hiawatha is a great bike ride in Idaho/Montana that I did years ago. They have a nice website that might entice you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the reason I'm going back to the Idaho panhandle.

      Delete
    2. It will not disappoint if they are allowed to operate now. After I rode the trail, I meandered in the forests below for a couple of days working my way back to my job in Washington. It was a great time in my life.

      Delete
    3. If you ride the Hiawatha through St. Paul Pass, you will get wet, it's a wet tunnel. There is a road that lets you drive over it if you prefer to stay dry.
      Have you been to Joseph, OR? It's one of the most beautiful places we have been in the north west.

      Delete