Sunday, November 12, 2017

Yum

Bubble bubble bubble

Saturday evening was a good time for steak. While Lou seasoned the meat and tended the grill I made the mashed potatoes. With onion, garlic and cheddar.

One and a half large potatoes (with skins on) diced into small cubes (for faster cooking), about a tablespoon of salt, about a quarter of a small yellow onion, six garlic cloves finely chopped. Boil until a fork easily pierces the potato pieces. Turn off the heat and let sit for a couple of minutes. (I don't know if it makes any difference, but I like to imagine letting it sit allows the potatoes to soak in more of the flavors in the water.) Drain the water. Dump in a couple of handfuls of shredded cheddar, some milk and some butter. Mash it all together but leave it a little lumpy. Divide into two equal portions. Gobble it up while making blissful noises.

1 comment:

  1. I would eat that. Then I would be sick because of the cheese and milk. Good thing I like going home alone.

    ReplyDelete