Thursday, August 6, 2015

Mmmmm, yes

One of the disadvantages of wandering around the less populated areas of the West is that it's hard to find bagel shops. Bagels made on site, or at least fresh from the oven, that aren't circular dinner rolls pretending to be bagels. And with a variety of schmears. I've pretty much given up the quest.

But thanks to a long traffic light that gave me time to look around, I spotted a bagel shop in a strip mall. And I was in the proper lane to turn into the parking lot.

It looked good and smelled good when I walked in. And it tasted pretty good. Not as chewy as the best bagels (the magic of gluten), but infinitely better than anything you'll find in a grocery cold box. I'm happy.

1 comment:

  1. We have a bagel chain store just a few blocks from us but Dave doesn't like bagels so I rarely get there. Now I'm craving one of their herby turkey bagel sandwiches with herbed cream cheese and sun-dried tomato spread. Yum!

    ReplyDelete