Sunday, August 7, 2016

Mugginess-B-Gone

I like having the Rolling Steel Tent's doors and windows open. Mmmm, fresh air. But rain puts a (nyuk-nyuk) damper on that, and the van quickly turns warm and muggy.

A few days ago, during a prolonged thunderstorm, I dragged out my 12 volt fan. "I don't know what good this will do. Muggy air pushed around is still muggy."

I was wrong. The humidity might not be any lower, but it does feel better. It takes me back to un-air conditioned childhood summers in the South, sitting smack in front of one of our many fans. I'm glad those days are over.

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad those days are over, too, but I still appreciate my O2 Cool fan when I need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psychological or not, fans are a wonderful thing. At least you have some alternatives in your current location.

    The weather (and beauty) have been the predominate factors why I won't move anywhere east of Denver again. This system has been a bit much though and can move on anytime. October can't get here soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're truly reliving childhood days, you have to make mouth noises in front of the fan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you're truly reliving childhood days, you have to make mouth noises in front of the fan.

    ReplyDelete