Sunday, January 15, 2017

A milestone

Hmmm, maybe it's time for some Rustoleum, too

For the first time in my van dwelling life, I've run the propane tank empty. I've topped it off only three times, I think, in the three and a half years I've been wandering. A gallon here, a gallon there. The last time was during the previous Rubber Tramp Rendezvous. Obviously, I'm not a big consumer of propane. But it has been chillier this year, so I've had the heater on more. Gotta keep the old bones happy.

2 comments:

  1. Propane dealers are not allowed to fill a tank they think is rusting through so it might not pay to paint this one. My memory says tanks have inspection dates on them so yours may be due. It may be time for a new tank. You could take it to one of those places where you trade your empty for a full one then pick one in better condition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen tanks in service way way worse than this one and doing just fine. A little rust like that is nothing.

      Delete