Saturday, July 4, 2020

Seven years with my gear: Cobra DC to AC Inverter

The solar panels, charge controller, and batteries all deal with DC electricity. If we want to use anything that runs on AC, we need an inverter—a glorified transformer. Since I would just be charging my electronics, not trying to run power sucking things like microwaves, air conditioners or Bridgeport milling machines, I figured this 400 Watt Cobra inverter would be more than adequate. And it has been. Zero problems. There’s really nothing more to say.

6 comments:

  1. I don't have a Cobra brand but it looks just like yours. I put mine in service some time in 2008 if I recall correctly. It is all I have ever needed in the years since. I do run one or two 6" fans from mine when necessary. It amazes me how little I really NEED to live very comfortably but your blog reminds me how to live more simply and enjoy life more. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find my Bridgeport indespensable, how on Earth do you live without it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have the outlets ever gotten full of 'road remnants'? Have you had to clean out the vents?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you look closely at the photo you can see some dirt in the crevices. I wipe it down about once a month, and blow it out with compressed air about once a year. But, really, it's a no-fuss device.

      Delete
  4. I also have a Wagan-tech Elite 400W Pro...It runs my Dish Tailgater-receiver and LG 26" TV...Doing my research, bigger is not always better..Larger units use more juice, just got what I needed, works swell...

    ReplyDelete