Thursday, December 21, 2017

Bundle up

So we don’t forget today is the winter solstice, it turned as cold as (insert your favorite simile). By southern Arizona standards, anyway.

Outerwear? Closed doors and windows? Heaters? Whine. And we’re expected to suffer two whole days of this frozen hell? I… I… I don’t think I can do it. It’s just too much. It’s inhumane. Whimper. My Viking ancestors are probably ashamed of me.

I know, I know. In places where they have Real Winter®, this would be considered beach weather. They’d be upset the snow is melting just before Christmas. But people who would choose to live in such climates are obviously insane, so I’m free to ignore them.

At least it's not this cold

2 comments:

  1. 1045 12-21-2018 68 degrees, Rockport Texas. And we call this chilly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wearing shorts in Wisconsin, but only because the wood stove is keeping the house 60 degrees warmer than the outside temperature.

    ReplyDelete