Tuesday, September 5, 2017

You can't always get what you want, but if you try...

AGENDA, 5 SEPTEMBER 2017

Find someplace with way less smoke in the air
It was dark when I got up this morning. Not because it was early, but because smoke was blotting out the sun. What looked like dense fog was actually forest fire smoke. But the air cleared as I drove. Then got smoky again, then clear-ish, then smoky-ish, then just a tiny bit smoky. Good.

Find someplace that isn't roasting hot
It wasn't hot where I was, but there weren't many directions I could go without hitting record heat. The forecast pointed southeast. By noon the temperature was still pleasant. Good.

Find someplace with greater solar exposure
Driving southeast took me through wide valleys, then through rolling grasslands. Scarcely any trees to block the sun.

Find someplace free
Clark Canyon Reservoir is in those rolling grasslands. It has several free campgrounds. Good.

Find someplace uncrowded
There was one RV in the campground I chose. A pair of women came by for a while to kayak on the reservoir. Then the RVer left in the late afternoon. I'm here all by myself. Good.

Find someplace with 4G LTE cellular coverage
I'm posting this from my campsite. Good.

And I got something that wasn't on my list: a visit from a group of antelope.


No comments:

Post a Comment