Friday, September 8, 2017

Not quite instant karma

It was warm last night so I slept with a window open. Some mosquitoes slipped in and drew blood samples without my permission. They weren't bad bites, just mildly itchy, enough to let me know what happened.

I left the Antelope Island State Park just after it was light, and as I cruised along the causeway I plowed through a cloud of mosquitoes. They had probably gathered to plan the day's attacks.

I hope the ones that bit me are among the slaughtered. My apologies to the innocent butterfly.

6 comments:

  1. Citronella shampoo...I get it at the pet stores, wash hair and body, smells good and it does repel them. Also repels fleas and ticks. Camper's best friend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I could still enjoy slaughtering mosquitoes, right? ;)

      Delete
  2. Citronella does not work....Deet is the only defense..
    Tested personally....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got screens for my van just use magnets to hold them on...pretty simple slam the door on the top edge and plop a couple magnets on the bottom outside on the metal below the window...works great. I hang a pair of sheer curtain panels over the double doors attach them to the drip edge with a gripper clip just squeeze it and attach it to the drip edge catch the top edge of the curtain in it...easy to put up and take down! I use 2 so I can overlap a bit and then enter by parting with my hands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I rub bear grease all over my naked body then light up a sagebrush and jump through the fire a few times.

    Makes a crispy crust that mosquitoes don't like.

    Then again, it tends to make the bears come around.

    Bears vs mosquitoes ... that's a tough call.

    ReplyDelete