Sunday, April 24, 2016

A place I didn't stay

On the way to Lone Pine, a little north of Mojave, California, is Red Rock Canyon State Park. I had passed it a few times over the years and decided this time I'd check it out. I thought the eroded sandstone formations would make it an interesting spot, but as I drove through... Eh, it wasn't speaking to me. Maybe at a different time, under different circumstances. That's how it goes sometimes. I used a toilet and dumped my trash, though, so it wasn't a waste of time.


2 comments:

  1. Yet another famous movie location. The Ricardo Formation but not for Ricky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FORMERLY called the Ricardo Formation. It's now called the Dove Spring Formation. ;)
      http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/science/parks/redrockcanyon.php

      Delete