Friday, April 29, 2016

Morning on Lake Mead

It rained on and off yesterday and heavily during the night, but, as is so often the case, the morning dawned clear and beautiful.

I'm camped at Government Wash, a free boondocking area in sort of the west corner of Lake Mead. My first impression of the place a couple of years ago was, "Eh, just more RVs on dry, dusty, sun bleached desert." I didn't stay. But this time I followed a "road" out to the edge of the bluff where I could see the water. "Oh, this is much better."

If I'd wanted to ignore the No Camping Beyond This Point signs, I could have set up down by the water. But I left those primo spots for the anglers.

Meanwhile, the RV people are camped away from the water, where to road is better and there are large enough level spots. Too bad they aren't in vans so they have more options where they can park. They have the room, but I have the view.


2 comments:

  1. Certainly, there are advantages & disadvantages to almost anything. Enjoy the lake.


    ReplyDelete
  2. If ya can handle the smaller space I think a cargo van is the best all around vehicle for boon docking, stealth and economy.

    ReplyDelete