Thursday, August 3, 2017

Struggling with a belt and myself

Ooooo, brand new!

I got the new serpentine belt last week (or was it the week before?) but I hadn't been in the mood to install it. One reason was it's an awkward job. The engine compartment is cramped and I can't really see what I'm doing. Another is the fear this belt might not be the right size, in which case I'd have to put the old belt back on (again) and try getting the correct one (again). The third reason was old fashioned self-doubt. Would I be able to do it (even though I had done it before)? Would I screw up somehow? Would I look stupid with friends watching?

As you can see from the photo, the belt fit, I got it on, it didn't fly off or snap when I started the engine, and I didn't make a fool of myself. I don't suck.

2 comments:

  1. I understand. You have to do the job a couple of times in your head before you do it for real.

    ReplyDelete